Indiquez l’intérêt que vous portez à cette question

Local copy of a remote server

Hello all, quick question for the masters of SPIP ; I’ve been asked to maintain a charity’s SPIP site which the original creator and admin doesn’t have time for anymore due to other commitments.

Since I had never worked with SPIP before it seemed a good idea to create a local copy of the site to experiment on without the risk of accidentally bringing the website down. However, the copy of SPIP on the server hasn’t been updated for about year, and I’m not actually sure which version it’s using ; the private area lists version 2.0.7, but changeset 13596, which corresponds to version 2.0.3 . This means that I don’t know which version of SPIP to install locally to ensure compatability, and I’d prefer not to risk downtime by updating the server before I’ve tried it out to get a feel for the procedure.

Does anyone know how I can find out which version is actually running and where I can download a copy (could I copy it from the server itself, though this might be complicated by there being 3 different SPIP folders in the server root) ?

Thanks in advance.

PS I just checked and the changelog in one of the SPIP folders lists changes only from 2.0 -> 2.0.1 -> 2.0.2 -> 2.0.3